[extropy-chat] moveon.org

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 19:35:10 UTC 2004

Shit, you sound like David Brin. If you assault me while saying this,
I'll know you are. BTW: Kerry didn't "not" want to go to Vietnam, he
enlisted freely, he was not drafted, and I fail to see how showing up
with a movie camera, crates of film, and boasting about becoming the
next "JFK" in a warzone is 'making the best of it' unless the man
really is a beast.

BTW: I'm a veteran myself. Been there, shot in the leg and all, in
Panama. When it comes to military issues, I am hardly considered very
libertarian by many of my peers, so get off the cheap shot while you
can. I, as a veteran, am disgusted by the likes of Kerry. I'm not
alone. Only people with no military experience are impressed with
Kerry's war record, according to polls, i.e. the people with the least
basis for an objective informed opinion.

--- Trend Ologist <trendologist at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Men are piglets; politicians are pigs.
> Kerry didn't want to go to Vietnam however when he went there he was
> determined to make the best of it for himself. Atrocities are wrong,
> the war was wrong, Kerry was wrong, but most soldiers aren't grown-up
> Boy Scouts.  You libertarians are hopeless utopians.
>
> Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:I expect someone who tries to
> present himself as Audie Murphy to
> actually BE Audie Murphy, or a close approximation thereof.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)