[extropy-chat] moveon.org

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Thu Sep 23 02:37:33 UTC 2004

 (9/22/04 21:49) David Lubkin <extropy at unreasonable.com> wrote:

>Brent Neal wrote:
>
>> >Did you read and consider in toto _Unfit for Command_ before concluding
>> >that they are 'wingnuts,' or are you relying exclusively on other peoples'
>> >assessment?
>>
>>Yes, I did.
>
>Excellent. I don't agree with your conclusion, but I respect its derivation
>from independent thought.

The problem with most people who "go to the source" like you suggest is that they are insufficiently equipped in the bullshit-detector department.  I found UfC to be incredibly poorly documented, with many, many cases where key points were not backed by convincing evidence beyond what essentially amounted to hearsay. It was propaganda, pure and simple, and no more representative of the truth than F9/11.  At least Michael Moore is entertaining! :P

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein