A view on cryonics (was Re: [extropy-chat] Bad Forecasts!)

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 18:06:12 UTC 2004

--- John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:

> "Giu1i0 Pri5c0" <pgptag at gmail.com>
>
> > Only from the point of view of the identity before the
> > transfer there is a doubt whether the identity after
> > the transfer will be a continuation of her.
>
> Forget transfer exotic identity transfer, this situation happens
> everyday in
> ordinary life. From the point of view of you as you were yesterday
> are you
> the same person today? I can't ask the "you" of yesterday what he
> thinks,
> even you can not do that, all I can do is ask the "you" of today and
> all you
> can do is ask yourself if you feel like the same person. If the
> answer is
> yes then you are, and even if the answer is "no" throwing in an
> unusual
> brain copying procedure will not make the answer any more of a "no".

Gotta contest all this, along with the assertion that sexuality is
entirely hard wired. Most of it is hormonal reaction. You take a raging
male and shoot him full of estrogen, he's gonna be weeping about how
the drapes don't match the furniture in no time.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)