[extropy-chat] The Long Now: Bets and Predictions Over Time

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Fri Sep 24 15:09:49 UTC 2004

From: "Mike Lorrey" <mlorrey at yahoo.com>

> Sorry, but anyone with a brain knows that a) Bush is against a draft,
> and the military has said it has no need for one and doesn't want one,
> and b) the only people sponsoring the currently dead draft bill in
> congress are all Democrats, ergo c) a Kerry administration is more
> likely to institute a draft.

Speaking of brains, I never miss reading Mark Morford who writes for the San
Francisco Chronicle.  There are still some good columnists around - but it
seems so many of them these days are bland-as-pabulum.  Morford writes
wonderful stuff, and with refreshing outrage:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2004/09/24/notes092404.DTL&type=printable

Olga