[extropy-chat] Wired article on Drexler

Sean Diggins sean at valuationpartners.com.au
Mon Sep 27 05:53:15 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Emlyn
> And rightly so.
> It falls within the "extraordinary claims require extraordinary
> proof"....statement which is rightly used by all skeptics.
>

> Sean

Why isn't all of terrestrial biology usable as proof? It makes a pretty
solid proof of concept as far as I'm concerned.

I was actually tackled off-list on this one, by Robert Bradbury.
I hope he wont mind me posting my response to him here.
Also, I thought there was still some argument regarding Drexler and his
ideas/theories among physicists, but I may be wrong.
I'm naturally skeptical, but I didn't join this list to be a wowser. I'm a
believer in the benefits of nano and I really want to live to see it become
a wonderfully useful technology used daily by all of us.