[extropy-chat] An imaginary anecdote

Sean Diggins sean at valuationpartners.com.au
Wed Sep 29 03:39:27 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Damien
Broderick
Damien Broderick
-------------------------------------

Just wanted to add, the two books I recommend to people before ANY others to
read are The Spike and The Last Mortal Generation. Most don't seem to ever
actually go buy 'em, but that's because most are not too interested in the
future, I suppose. Kurzweil's books are also interesting, but you have a
great knack for explaining this kinda stuff to laypeople DB and I enjoy your
writing. Of course, I also follow this with a copy of Bill Joy's Wired
article, which I suppose had him re-named as Kill Joy.....but then, there
are two sides (or indeed, an infinite number of sides) to everything...

Sean