[extropy-chat] If the nonUS citizens voted in Nov 2 elections...

Alfio Puglisi puglisi at arcetri.astro.it
Wed Sep 29 17:47:46 UTC 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Mike Lorrey wrote:

>--- Alfio Puglisi <puglisi at arcetri.astro.it> wrote:
>
>> >It logically follows that since we have the most cars here in the US
>> that
>> there would be a higher incidence of auto theft.
>>
>> Did you even read my post? the US auto theft rate was lower, relative
>> to the number of circulating cars.
>
>Ah, if you corrected for that I didn't notice it, sorry.
>
>My previous studies of the stats primarily compared the US to Britain,
>though. I found that murder was really the only crime category that
>exceeded that of Britain.

Britain is often quite different from the rest of Europe, but even among
the different european countries ther are bigger differences than between
different US states. It's not entirely inaccurate to consider Britain
midway between the two continents, even if its inhabitants would say that
their continent is midway between those two islands :-))

It anyway true that some crime categories are often not reported to the
police at all, and those categories may be very different in the US and
Europe.

Alfio