[extropy-chat] Intelligent Design and Irriducible Complexity

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 00:57:03 UTC 2004

--- Trend Ologist <trendologist at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Does it make sense that an intelligent designer
> would
> place the human mind in the body of a lousy primate?

     Hey... don't knock primates. I think a primate
bauplan is about as good as it gets. We have a large
brain, opposable thumbs, and an upright stance that
allows us to lift our faces to the stars and wonder
what is out there. Would anybody here opts for a bird
bauplan or maybe a mollusc? :)

=====
The Avantguardian

"He stands like some sort of pagan god or deposed tyrant. Staring out over the city he's sworn to . . .to stare out over and it's evident just by looking at him that he's got some pretty heavy things on his mind."