[extropy-chat] Re: Fwd: Manditory draft for your child?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 13:47:38 UTC 2004

--- Trend Ologist <trendologist at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Mike Rosen, who is informed & has good connections
> told me in "a crisis" such as "an attack in a city in
> America where tens of millions were killed" would lead
> to "3 or 4 million youths" being drafted. If you want
> Rosen's phone number, Mike, I'll send it to you.

If tens or millions were killed, I'll be first in line at the induction
center, and anybody who shirks their rather obvious duty is IMHO a
traitor or a coward. They would be at the very least a traitor to
anybody they knew who died in such an attack, as well as to any hope
they might have of living in liberty in the future.

There is a significant difference between demanding one's just
liberties in peacetime versus doing one's duty (not to any government,
btw, but to one's self, one's family, and one's property) to
voluntarily associate with other free persons in military cadre when
evil conspires.

There are far too many people in this country that the Bush in the hand
is twice as evil as the bin Laden alone. It is a rather irrational
obsession that such people need to get over and realize that there are
far worse things in the world than having Bush in office. Appeasing
fasco-islam is possibly the stupidest foreign policy blunder a voter
could make.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development