[extropy-chat] Re: Fwd: Manditory draft for your child?

Trend Ologist trendologist at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 15:34:52 UTC 2004

Don't remember that statement.  I'm not against
self-defense for others.
 I was seriously attacked once when I was young. Two
very friendly people lured me into the passenger seat
of a car, one person at the wheel, one in the back.
Almost immediately the one in the back put a bar
around my neck and choked me. The driver asked for my
wallet, and after hesitating for a minute or so, I
pulled it out; yet after surrendering it, the choker
kept choking, so I kicked the driver very hard until
the car crashed into a guardrail, and the driver
stopped. I punched the choker once in the face and
escaped after the choker pulled my spectacles off.
However the self-defense wasn't thought out, it was
instinctively due to not being able to breathe for an
indeterminate period of time (it seemed like ten
minutes, but probably was not). Adrenaline took over.
That is not the same as being consciously,
deliberately in favor of self-defense.