[extropy-chat] Alzheimer breakthru?

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 30 21:43:11 UTC 2004

This is all of interest since I am a user of HGH, which has some
'youthifying' properties (and keeps my Type II Diabetes at stasis, no
improvement, no worsening) and Chorionic Gonadatropin which brings a
testosterone level of a 30 year old, but alas, no cure for the ED brought
by the diabetes. Before I started using dopamine agonists, this created a
serious amount of lust, which vanished with the dopamine. However, the
dopamine has leveled the negative emotional rollercoaster I have had for
the past 30 years and I am actually doing things. A tradeoff which I
accept, though I miss the lust.

None of this so far is to me clear as to whether Gonadatropin helps or
hinders Alzheimers.....

>Damien Broderick forwards:
> > http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/printpage/0,5942,10922717,00.html
> > Alzheimer's breakthrough 'excites' scientists
>
>"Taken together, these results suggest the marked increases in
>serum LH following menopause/andropause as a physiologically relevant
>signal that could promote A-beta secretion and deposition in the aging
>brain. Suppression of the age related increase in serum gonadotropins
>using gonadotropin releasing hormone agonists/antagonists may represent
>a novel therapeutic strategy for AD [Alzheimer's Disease]."
>
>Hal

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =