[extropy-chat] cosmic dust!

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 1 02:19:27 UTC 2005

I thank Amara for showing how interesting is cosmic dust.
She managed to write a doctoral thesis on the topic and
make it compelling enough to make me read every word.  Check
this:

HUBBLE TELESCOPE SPIES COSMIC DUST BUNNIES
Like dust bunnies that lurk in corners and under beds, surprisingly
complex loops and blobs of cosmic dust lie hidden in the giant
elliptical galaxy NGC 1316. This image made from data obtained with the
NASA Hubble Space Telescope reveals the dust lanes and star clusters of
this giant galaxy that give evidence that it was formed from a past
merger of two gas-rich galaxies.

  http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0503/31hubble/