[extropy-chat] FWD [forteana] Re: Malachy's Prophecies; Pope John Paul II, then two before the destruction of the Holy Roman Church

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 10:29:35 UTC 2005

--- Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> Moderation is out of question, but a system of
> warning, temporary suspensions
> from the list and permanent bans probably would
> work.

Are you going to burn books for the junior anti-sex
league next, Eugen? Come on, you could tell it was
about religion just by looking at the subject header.
If posts about religion, mysticism, metaphysics, and
esoterica bothers you so much, don't read them. I find
little that goes by on this list to be that offensive.
Some posts are more interesting than others but I have
never been so intolerant to allow the opinion or
anecdote of another person offend me. Unless of course
it were directly ad-hominem but even then I would
probably blow it off. The mystics were looking for
immortality long before young whippersnappers dreamt
of uploading their consciousness from their corpsicles
into the distributed AI of a nanobot swarm.

The Avantguardian

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson