Eclipse. (Re: [extropy-chat] FWD [forteana] Re: Malachy's Prophecies)

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 18:48:12 UTC 2005

So the next question is to ask whether JP2 happened to just be born on
that day, or actually during the eclipse. I believe this should,
according to the rules of portents and omens I've read about, be of
utmost importance, kinda like the difference between being JFK or just
another idiot in Dealy Plaza on the day JFK got whacked.

Another implication of a one third overlap, though, is indicative of
bad news, as converting the Sun into any sort of crescent at its peak
could be taken by the appropriate witch-hunters to be a sign of the
devil...

--- Bret Kulakovich <bret at bonfireproductions.com> wrote:
> With a position of 50° 4' N  and 19° 57' E, and using data from Sky
> Catalog 2000,
> I show the Sun at RA 3h 38.8m DEC +19° 29' and the Moon at RA 3h
> 41.4m  DEC+17° 46'
>
> - on May 19th, 1920, at approximately 10a.
>

> Assuming the roundest numbers possible, and that I don't know what
> I'm doing, that yields roughly a one-third overlap.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com