[extropy-chat] QM vs GR

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 03:15:46 UTC 2005

--- scerir <scerir at libero.it> wrote:
> The "conspiracy" issue (are QM and Relativity
> in "peaceful coexistence"? Or is there a
> "conspiracy" between them, against us?
> Or what else is going on?) > is there a space? (Nic
Gisin)
> http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0503007

This particular link was very helpful. I had been
mathematically deriving what I thought were
relativistic wave equations for moving matter
particles in an inertial reference frame, but the math
indicated that the matter waves were propagating at a
different speed then the particle itself and moreover
the waves ALWAYS propagated FASTER than light.
     This really messed with my head because I thought
such a thing was impossible but it looks like the
experiments actually support my theory. I would be
curious as to the exact experimental setup and data
those guys got.
     My guess based upon my equations and the
measurements they reported as the speed of quantum
info is that in the experiment in the "natural"
reference frame they were moving the detector at 3
meters/second. Just a prediction based on my math but
one that is testable.

The Avantguardian

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson