[extropy-chat] Meta: List quality

Zero Powers zero.powers at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 03:34:12 UTC 2005

I've never understood the "how dare they allow postings about [insert
your favorite pet peeve subject] on this list" contingent.  Is it
really that hard to hit the "delete" key and keep on going?  If you
find that a particular poster or two are consistently [take your pick:
irrelevant, irreverent, immaterial, boring, stupid, "off-topic"],
every e-mail program worth its salt has the equivalent of a kill-file.
 I know, I've used mine in the past to enhance the quality of my own
experience on this list.

I don't know, maybe I shouldn't even have jumped into this fray.  But
I've always had quite a low tolerance for would-be censors and
cry-babies who would impose their own personal standards on others,
rather than arrange their lives so that they can subject themselves to
their own standards without stepping on the freedoms of others.
Sheesh.

Regards
Zero