[extropy-chat] Re: Risk averse immortalists?

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Fri Apr 15 03:24:06 UTC 2005

Brett Paatsch wrote:

>Why pick a fight with scientology Keith? Were you not using
>*rational* self-interest at the time? Did you bite off more than you
>knew? Was it a stand on principle? If so what principle?

As a matter of self-preservation, I keep a short mental list of no-win
opponents. Foes against whom the best strategy is to never come to their
attention.

The various Mafias, the IRS, Microsoft, and the Church of Scientology.

"Listen. And understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be
bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or
remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

-- David Lubkin.