[extropy-chat] EMP Attack?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Apr 18 03:33:26 UTC 2005

On Apr 17, 2005, at 7:01 PM, Adrian Tymes wrote:

> --- Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
>> It is not remotely possible the scenario was unexpected.  Especially
>> when concurrent war games gamed such a scenario!  Anyone who claims
>> it
>> is possible has some other agenda for wanting to believe that we had
>> no
>> idea such a thing could be done.
>
> Or possibly - just possibly - such a person is simply telling the
> honest truth as that person sees it, either accounting for or not
> accounting for any data you may have which, in your opinion, disproves
> such a case beyond reasonable doubt.

There is no basis for such a doubt when the persons in question are
Bush and Rice, persons whose business it is to speak from reliable
information on such topics.  Instead they simply lied, repeatedly, even
when the proof that they did in fact know such things were possible had
become public knowledge!    After watching this unfold there can be no
rational reason for pretending that maybe they really didn't have any
idea.

> For instance: I was responding to the fact that it was thought up 20
> years previously, and noting that that alone did not necessarily mean
> it was still being thought of.  I was unaware of any war games within
> a year of the attack which actually tried to anticipate jets
> deliberately being rammed into buildings.  (And I still am unaware,
> unless someone cites references to said war games.)

A plausible attack scenario is just forgotten even though it was still
plausible?  That would be incompetent at best.  In fact evidence came
out that this precise scenario was under consideration mere months
before 911.

Go read the transcripts form the watered down 911 commission.  You
missed it.  I have no time to dig up what you failed to notice.

- samantha