Small government was Re: [extropy-chat] EMP Attack?

Joseph Bloch jbloch at humanenhancement.com
Tue Apr 19 00:05:26 UTC 2005

Mike Lorrey wrote:

>While Larken has just been indicted, he was so for not filing a return,
>after ten years of not doing so, and only because he took out full page
>ads in national publications challenging the IRS to do so.

Mmm-hmm. Perhaps a review of http://www.quatlosers.com/larken_rose.htm
is in order. In it you'll note that not only is the whole "861 scam"
bunkum, but also that folks who use it get indicted (texts of specific
cases and links on the above link) and put in jail.

I realize that hatred of the Federal (and, presumably, state and local)
government is an article of faith for you, but sweet Reason, man, don't
glom on to every dime-a-dozen con-artist who comes along merely because
they parrot your ideology.

Even better; have you tried telling the IRS that you don't owe any taxes
yet?

Joseph

Enhance your body "beyond well" and your mind "beyond normal":
http://www.humanenhancement.com
New Jersey Transhumanist Association: http://www.goldenfuture.net/njta
PostHumanity Rising: http://transhumanist.blogspot.com/ (updated 4/9/05)