Small government was Re: [extropy-chat] EMP Attack?

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 20 19:39:43 UTC 2005

--- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just trying to pin down where Herr Bloch stands. Being a fascist is a
> legitimate political position on the Nolan chart, though it might be
> more politely described as 'authoritarian'.

To you they might be equivalent, but to others "fascist" and
"authoritarian" are way different.  And what matters when choosing your
words is not what you mean, but what others think you mean.  That's a
fact of reality just like gravity (or, at least, it will be until and
unless we find a way of communicating that does not fundamentally
involve one mind encoding meaning into words or some other symbol-based
medium, and then a completely separate mind trying to extract the
meaning from said medium).

That is a big enough mistake to warrant a ban request in other cases.
Seriously.  That class of mistake has in fact gotten others kicked off
this list, if I recall correctly.  For everyone's sake but especially
your own, please do not make that mistake again.