[extropy-chat] Debate on Peak Oil

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 21:55:40 UTC 2005

--- Brent Neal <brentn at freeshell.org> wrote:
>  (4/25/05 7:33) Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Yes. Political forces want high oil prices for several reasons. One
> is
> >to get America off of its consumption economy, to depopulate the
> rural
> >area further and congregate in cities so as to be easier to control,
> >another is to trigger a recession in preparation for a Chinese
> dollar
> >bomb attack prior to their retaking Taiwan (and assisted by JP
> Morgan).
> >Luddite goals which extropians should not let themselves get sucked
> >into.
>

> I recommend that you stop reading Tom Clancy novels. I think your
> view of reality is warping just a bit.
>
> What is it about conspiracy theories that make them so attractive to
> people?

If I were basing my statements on the claims of bunker-bound wing-nuts,
I'd agree with you. I am not, they are based on documents issued by the
UN itself, by the World Wildlife Federation, by the World Biosphere
offices, and by the World Bank and the Federal Reserve Bank, among
other groups who are deeply involved in making this happen, including
the World Federalist Society, which has a number of chapters around the
country and was specifically organized to build grassroots support for
UN global governance.

I have, for example, in the past, shown Patri Friedman documents issued
by the World Wildlife Federation showing that the UN is planning on
giving NGOs like WWF, the Nature Conservancy, Greenpeace, etc actual
sovereignty over wildlife areas, starting with seamounts in
international waters outside any nations' EEZ and moving on from there.
This starting point is interesting because it directly threatens
Patri's Seastead Project and the potential of high seas independent
living for libertarians.

I have found documents from the UN detailing how the calculated
economic value of seamount ecologies will be turned into assets of the
World Bank to finance these NGOs developing their own sovereign
facilities on the high seas.

The World Heritage and Biosphere programs are also being used for
similar purposes. The UN publicly claims that this is merely a means of
touristy designations, but this is absolutely false. The US park and
forest system was similarly NOT developed for tourism, it was built to
collateralize US government debt. Tourism is a side-effect and cover.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com