[extropy-chat] A ROOM-TEMPERATURE PALM-SIZED NUCLEAR FUSION DEVICE

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 01:16:26 UTC 2005

--- Dan Clemmensen <dgc at cox.net> wrote:

> What has happened to the list? Here we have the first simple, fully
> replicable,
> fully understood benchtop fusion device, and the only two responses
> are dismissive.

You think I'm surprised? This is exactly the malaise I've been pointing
out for a few years now. If AI spontaneously happened somewhere
tomorrow, most of this list would be posting critical swipes at it for
at least a few weeks. Eli will have an explanation of how un-friendly
it is, Samantha will call it a conspiracy of the Bush Skull-and-Bones
crowd to con the people into worshipping it, Hal will insist that it is
a put-on, and Kevin will post links to a group claiming to admit to the
hoax. "It is far too early," many will say, "It's not supposed to
happen yet [according to transhumanist dogma]", "even though we have
doubts about Moore's Law's validity."

Just yesterday I was looking at a video of a palm-top stirling engine
that produces respectable and acceptable RPMs (not 1 or 2 RPM). If I
announced this here, you are going to get some people criticize it,
while others will note that the fellow who built it and tested it is
the same notorious JL Naudin that tries all sorts of unorthodox fringe
technologies, and use that to assasinate by association.

Welcome to Sour-Puss-Central of the >H movement.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com