[extropy-chat] Debate on Peak Oil

Matus matus at matus1976.com
Thu Apr 28 02:24:03 UTC 2005

I say again, has any resource, ever, reached a peak and then declined in
supply while demand continued?  Absent, of course, government
regulation.  A lot of things *can* happen *in principle*.  I still
haven't seen one example?  Did we run out of steel?  Did we run out of
tungsten?  Did we run out of coal?  Have we run out of wood?  Uranium?
Anything?  Ever?

> > This discussion ignores the fact that one can manufacture gasoline
out
> > of a few dollars of electricity right from the carbon dioxide in the
> > air
> > and hydrogen in the water.
>
> Hahahaha.  Show me how that is economical.

I showed you that it is obvious that it *will* be.

It sure is a funny thing when extropians start suggesting that nothing
new will come out of 6 billion human minds.

Matus