[extropy-chat] Fwd: http://dtext.com/transition/

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Wed Aug 3 03:07:38 UTC 2005

>:)   You have to remember she is translating from German to English.
>The German word 'obsession' has a range of meanings, and can just mean
>a craze or fad, typical of young people.

Yes, good point.  Thanks for your objectivity.

It would be beneficial to research how superlongevity is affecting
countries like Germany.  I seldom do any interviews with German
magazines/papers/tv.  In fact, since Telepolis netzine in 2000 and
Franffurter Allgemeine in 2002, it's null.

As an aside, but directly related: I'm thinking that the influence the
teenagers such as Peaches Geldof will become broad in Europe. She was just
here in Austin and we spent an afternoon together.  The has made several
television documentaries on teenagers for Ten Alps television.  ("An
unexpectedly excellent piece of television" (The Guardian)

If teenagers such as Peaches can make a positive impression on the youth of
Europe, I would be delighted. When she left our home she put her hands up
in the air and shouted "Transhumans!"

Our future could be in the hands of teenagers who are activists.

Best,
Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist, Designer
Studies of the Future, University of Houston
President, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

Knowledge is the most democratic source of power.  Alvin Toffler
Random acts of kindness... Anne Herbet