[extropy-chat] Extropian != Libertarian (was: political sites)

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Wed Aug 3 17:03:05 UTC 2005

--- Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
> Libertarian stuff is to not be posted here?

Without limit?  Yes.  This is not the Libertarian list, this is the
Extropian list.  There are some libertarian topics which are on-topic
here, but just because it's libertarian doesn't mean it's extropian.

If you see no difference between the two, please leave this list (and
join the extro-freedom list instead) until you understand how you could
post libertarian material that we would accept.  (Hint: the answer is
not, "it's impossible because we're bigots."  Neither is it, "defy the
rules and force others to receive emails with your views on politics
when they'd rather not discuss politics.")

Granted, this is just me making this request, not an official of ExI.
But I think others may echo my view.