[extropy-chat] Snuppy, frst dog cloned

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 16:47:56 UTC 2005

A researcher interviewed on the Smuppy story on tv last night said
their success rate for the dog was 0.9%, i.e. they had about 109
failures before they got one right, and they still don't know if there
will be developmental problems with Smuppy as Ian Wilmut had reported
with Dolly.
One might attribute their failure rate to rookie inexperience and
presume they'll get the rate down significantly. We'll see.

Anything Genetic Savings and Clone announces should be taken with a
massive grain of salt...

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com