[extropy-chat] roids

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Thu Aug 4 20:16:14 UTC 2005

It can cause cancer. G`
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: spike
  To: 'ExI chat list'
  Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 10:54 PM
  Subject: [extropy-chat] roids

  Perhaps this is the wrong forum to ask, since I am
  likely to be preaching to the choir.  But I ask you,
  what is so bad about pro athletes taking steroids?  I
  can think of several good things about it: they will
  map out the territory, by demonstrating what happens
  with intense long-term use, point out the health
  problems associated with them.  So why not?

  Trying to figure out ways to beat the urine and blood
  tests will push medical technology forward.  We may
  discover some great cures by trying to pump up athletes.

  The fans want to see big pumped up guys swat the
  balls into the bleachers, so they can catch them
  and auction them on eBay.  And what is so bad about
  preaching to the choir?  Couldn't a sinner infiltrate
  the choir?  Hey, that might actually be kinda cool,
  an under cover secret-agent sinner in the choir.  That
  would be the right place for her anyway, since there
  she would be praught to, early and often.

  Europeans, are your athletes doing steroids too?