[extropy-chat] intelligent design homework

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 18:45:05 UTC 2005

hey, why not. If Bush is going to use a liberal principle of open
mindedness to justify teaching a radically conservative religious
theory, perhaps it needs to be taken to its logical absurd
conclusion.... of course the astrology is the work of the devil (;))
but the Simulation Argument is both logically consistent and doesn't
step on any Christian toes, other than the idea that each simulated
universe has a unique creator....

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> At 11:16 AM 8/5/2005 -0700, Mike L. wrote:
>
> >Well, if they are going to be teaching ID, we might as well demand
> >equal time and insist that the Simulation Argument be taught in
> schools
> >as well. At least it is logically consistent.
>
> And Pythagorean astronomy, and astrology. And Mormon North American
> history. And Scientology cosmogony. And Christian science medical
> theory.
> "It's good for the children to hear the other side." Apparently
> there's
> only one other side.
>
> Damien Broderick

Mike Lorrey