[extropy-chat] can't war protesters do better?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 17:31:47 UTC 2005

--- Al Brooks <kerry_prez at yahoo.com> wrote:

> There were too many reasons, or depending on your polemic, excuses to
> go to war in Iraq to go into. But can't you detractors of the war do
> better than, "the war is a thieving grab for resources & power in the
> Mideast"? Do you ever listen to Air America's Randy Rhoads weigh in
> against the administration?--
> "This Bush is just, oh, I can't stand that thing in the white House;
> it is disgusting, shameful to America that he could ever be elected.
> I just can't stand it. This administration is a new low...,just when
> you think it cannot get lower... it just gets more & more
> frightening. It makes you want to scream 'How Did We Ever Get Into
> This Mess' thanks to this most corrupt, lying administration ever. It
> makes me sick... I can't stand this administration, what are we going
> to do..."
> Sounds like she's going to have a miscarriage right in front of the
> microphone.
>
> "Bush Evil. Bush Bad. Administration No Good. mutter mutter gnash
> gnash".

And the news comes out that Air America wrangled a $50 million subsidy
from the government in order to stay in business, their ratings are so
bad. They make NPR look moderate (perhaps the whole reason for AA in
the first place). Where are those on the left decrying the corporate
welfare of Air America?

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com