[extropy-chat] can't war protesters do better?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 18:01:33 UTC 2005

--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:

> Al Brooks wrote:
>
> > Maybe the insurgency (or for those who think the war is totally
> wrong
> > 'the struggle against US & British imperialism in Iraq') will
> > foil the plans. But isn't it a little more than just an Oil and
> Power
> > Grab in the region?
> >
> Sure.
> Bush family pride "They tried to kill my Daddy!"
> A permanent foothold in the ME.

But isn't Israel a 'permanent foothold'? I guess you want all them jews
run into the sea and executed...

> Knocking over and keeping down Israel's enemies.

Why not? Israel is the only country in the area with a government that
actually tries to reach a "Consensus".

> Looking tough by hitting a severely weakened Iraq with the
> expectation of a quick and hassle free war.

The war was quick and hassle free. Its hanging on to the peace that is
a bitch, and defeatists like you don't help any.

> Money for Bush's pals eg Haliburton

Why does anybody do anything? For money of course, like France's
Total/ELF oil conglomerate, the largest oil company in Iraq....

> Threatening other 'rogue states' with what could happen if...

Then that totally justifies it. Nice of you to fail to notice when
rogue states threaten others what could happen if... keep up that consistency.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com
Personal/political blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com