[extropy-chat] UFO on satellite photo.

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 7 17:43:10 UTC 2005

Regarding google earth, I find it interesting that
Keith Henson's legal troubles involved posting on
the internet the GPS coordinates of the Hemet
headquarters of you know who.  Now if one goes
to google earth and types in the search window:

33 d 50' 2.33" N, 116 d 59' 14.03" W

you zoom to a satellites-eye view of the entire
compound with the crosshairs on the swimming pool.

Do check out the compound.  They have invested
some serious bucks here.

Google is becoming more godlike every day.  I
practically pray to it already.  Think of it
friends: this is the answer to a dream many of
us had since childhood, the 60s in my case.  I
dreamed of a computer so advanced, one could
type in any question, lights would blink
and a card would pop out with the answer.

Google is getting pretty damn close to that,
is it not?  No paper needed, and many of the
answers are wrong, but a smart person can sort
thru the answers and figure out the truth.  So
technology has in a sense both wildly exceed and
fallen short of that dream simultaneously.

Ahhhh life is goooood.