[extropy-chat] intelligent design homework

Matus matus at matus1976.com
Mon Aug 8 01:25:42 UTC 2005

> --- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > > bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of The Avantguardian
> > >
> > > Actually it doesn't solve the chicken and the egg
> > > problem, it just pushes it back. Where did the
> > > "intelligent designer" come from?
> >
> > Simple: it was created by a still more intelligent designer.
> >
> > And so on all the way down.

Or, conversely, many less intelligent beings could create a more
intelligent one.  We will, likely after all, create an AI that is more
intelligent than any one of us humans.  So, an infinite number of
infinitely stupid beings are required to make an infinitesimal number of
infinitely intelligent beings.  What would that be called?  Infinitely
stupid design?

Matus