[extropy-chat] UFO on satellite photo.

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 02:45:24 UTC 2005

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> At 07:15 PM 8/7/2005 -0700, The Avantguardian wrote:
>
> > > Okay here is a zoom in of the object near my
> house -
> > > in which you can really see what is going on:
> > > http://www.nanogirl.com/images/satellite2.jpg
> >
> >You
> >have convincingly shown that it is possible for
> >someone to have hacked Google maps, doctored the
> >photo, and uploaded it back onto the site.
>
> What makes you think Gina uploaded it to the Google
> map site? I doubt that
> she would do that.

I am not accusing Gina of BEING the hoaxster, I am
saying that she seems to arguing that it is a hoax
because she can reproduce it. My point was to find out
if she examined the original to see if it was doctored
before she demonstrated that it could be a hoax.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson