Quest 4 John Calvin was Re: [extropy-chat] Who thinks the Bush admin lied over Iraq?Onwhatbasis?

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 8 05:28:25 UTC 2005

From: "John Calvin" <john.h.calvin at gmail.com>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 1:53 PM

> Osama Bin Laden released a tape claiming responsibility for the 9/11
> attacks, and intelligence places clear links to the Al Qaeda
> organization for the planning and execution.

Is that a fact John?  Did he explicitly claim responsibility on behalf of
Al Qaeda and/or himself or did he sort of verbally handwave and say
god-willing yes the infidels were a-smitten and we observed with the
satisfaction of the righteous or some such.

Reason I ask is that it *was* my impression but I didn't personally
see or watch any such tape, and lately here in Australia a couple
of radical muslim talking heads have said that they did not think
that OBL had claimed responsibility for september 11.

In at least one case, the more reliably source involved, the ABC
(Australian public Broad Caster) interviewer, seemd to be surprised
that his interviewee was unaware of that "fact".

I think the "terrorists" are sometimes of like mind with the Bush-admin
and the govts that like to demonise them in perhaps being willing to take
"credit" for more than their due.

Brett Paatsch