[extropy-chat] Future friendly movies

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 09:16:09 UTC 2005

Egan's Diaspora and Schild's ladder are good examples. Humanity has
developed immortality and uploading, and spreads to the stars. Of
course there are problems but, overall, I would like to live in this
universe.
Difficult to make movies of these two great novels though.
Richard Morgan's Alteded Carbon and Broken Angels also have
immortality, uploading and galactic civilizations, and are probably
much easier to make movies from (actually I believe the author has
already sold movie rights). But Morgan very "noir" plots and scenes,
great as they are, do not really qualify as non-threatening.