[extropy-chat] Re: Future friendly movies

Simon McClenahan smcclenahan at comcast.net
Tue Aug 9 02:39:13 UTC 2005

Not really hard-core sci-fi or futuristic, but the story does reference
a non-apocolyptic future. Most people would classify this as a
chick-flick romantic comedy, which it is but I think this story actually
captures your interest the whole way through.

Happy Accidents
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0208196/

  Plot Summary for
  *Happy Accidents (2000 <http://www.imdb.com/Sections/Years/2000>)*

Ruby Weaver has man trouble: she tries to fix them, so she's stuck
herself with a string of losers. Her current lover, Sam Deed, seems
different: he's sweet, tender, just in from Dubuque. But, as Ruby tells
her therapist about Sam, in flashbacks we see someone not quite of this
world. In fact, Sam informs Ruby that he's from the future, 2470 to be
exact, traveling back in time to avoid prosecution for his sister's
death, and to find Ruby, whose photo he saw back home. Ruby's sure he's
delusional, but most of the time she wants to keep him - and maybe fix
him. Although he seems sane, maybe Sam hasn't told her the real story:
what's he up to, and who is Chrystie Delancey?

Summary written by {jhailey at hotmail.com}
<http://www.imdb.com/SearchPlotWriters?%7Bjhailey@hotmail.com%7D>