[extropy-chat] Re: ASTRO: Defining 'planet'

Tue Aug 9 13:51:20 UTC 2005

On Aug 9, 2005, at 12:11 AM, spike wrote:

>> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Eliezer S. Yudkowsky
>> Subject: [extropy-chat] Re: ASTRO: Defining 'planet'
>>
>> mail at harveynewstrom.com wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree totally.  I even wish we didn't distinguish between stars,
>>> moons
>>> and planets...
>>
>> I have no idea if you're joking, but either way, this is such a
>> wonderful
>> post.
>>
>> --
>> Eliezer S. Yudkowsky
>
> YES!  We are becoming all politics all the time.

I am still tempted to ban politics.  Not because they are left or
right.  But because they are past and present.  Why don't we talk about
the future for a while?

> Politics is the Ned Flanders of extropianism.
> Do let us cool that for a while, shall we?  Note that
> we are not booting anything anywhere, just asking for
> something else for a few days.  Anything else.  Please.

Harv says:  "When you want to talk about the future, current events are
spam."

--
Harvey Newstrom <HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI NSA-IAM GSEC ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP