[extropy-chat] On co-opting religion for >human ends

Tue Aug 9 19:05:52 UTC 2005

On Aug 9, 2005, at 1:53 PM, Samantha Atkins wrote:
> I thought of doing that or something in part along such lines.  With
> further thought and self-examination I don't believe it is workable.
> Such claims of what is "God's will" merely stand among other radically
> different claims that have much tradition and huge inertia behind
> them.

My thoughts exactly.  Not to mention the dishonesty in inventing claims
for their usefulness rather than their truthfulness.  I have likewise
given up trying to use religious words to convince religious people of
non-religious ideas.

--
Harvey Newstrom <HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI NSA-IAM GSEC ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP