[extropy-chat] strange theory: the sun has a solid crust

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Wed Aug 10 03:07:16 UTC 2005

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> http://www.thesurfaceofthesun.com/
>
> (Don't look at me like that, I didn't do it.)

Debunked a while ago.

http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=22415&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Note that the guy who proposed the theory came onto the board after the
debate started.  (Towards the end of the first page.)  Check the method
of his replies: classic example of a crank in action.  (In particular:
the kind of evidence he puts up, his attempts to dismiss as
"unscientific" anything he can't easily disprove, his quickness to
attack the people instead of the criticisms, et cetera.)