[extropy-chat] can't war protesters do better?

kevinfreels.com kevin at kevinfreels.com
Wed Aug 10 21:34:13 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Lindauer" <robgobblin at aol.com>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 5:29 AM
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] can't war protesters do better?

> kevinfreels.com wrote:
>
> >It's such a shame that you have such a limited view of people. You have
this
> >nasty problem with grouping people rather than looking at them as
> >individuals. I voted for Bush twice and I am hardly the idiot that you
are
> >speaking of.
> >
> Fooled twice, huh?  Sad.
Nope. I haven;t been fooled. Everythign has been turning out just about how
I expected.

> > I am a thinking individual.
> >

> Everyone is.  See, my opinion of people generally isn't so bad.
>
> > I am not a neo-con
> >

> Maybe you are, have you checked their official views?
That would be hard to do since there isn't an official definition of the
word. It is simply a word used by people to describe anyone who disagrees
with their more liberal point of view. In your eyes, I may be a neo-con, but
to more conservative people, I would be a liberal....And who is "their"
anyways? The black helicopter people?

> > and I certainly
> >don't support his religious views.
> >

> They're unrelated.
Not necessarily since many people choose to use the "neo-con" word to imply
a person has dreams of religious rule.

> > I am an atheist and I disagree with many
> >parts of the Bush agenda.
> >

> Just the part about killing arabs for grins and giggles, huh?
Just curious. Do you honestly believe that Bush is killing arabs for grins
and giggles? Do you think that any US president has enjoyed the idea of
killing anyone for fun? Whther you like it or not, Bush is a human being who
was born and raised in the US. The odds are overwhelming that he has a great
deal of respect for life in general. Even id his decision was wrong, it
doesn;t mean he liked the idea. Many people do things they don't like
because they think it is the right thing to do. Are you so different that
you can;t comprehend this concept?

> >If you are the thinking person that you claim to be, you will realize
soon
> >that the left is just as guilty as the right when it comes to polarizing
> >voters in an attempt to win elections.
> >

> Of course, the so-called "left" is really just a shill for the so-called
> "right".  I think I've said that here before.

OMG. You have to be joking. You need to see a qualified psychologist because
you are having difficulty with reality. "left", middle,  and "right" are
simply labels applied broadly to people in groups of similar opinions. They
are applied to separate groups because they are dissimilar enough to justify
a second grouping. You are implying that everyone has the same basic
beliefs. Get help.

> >So why does an atheist transhumanist vote in support of an administration
> >with a religious ideology?
> >

> And a penchant for war profiteering?
War profiteering? Give me a break. Who's stocks went up as a result of the
war?

> >Kerry though, probably
> >couldn;t even predict what Kerry was going to do
> >
> Funny, I recall him spelling out exactly what he was going to do.  He
> was going to go to the UN, appologize for having invaded Iraq and ask
> for their assistance in establishing a legitmate and peaceful government
> in Iraq.  A reasonable proposition that I think would have been welcomed
> at the UN.

Exactly. He "SAID" he was going to do that. He also said a good number of
other things and they just happened to contradict each other. You have
simply chosen to bellive this particular statement. That doesn;t mean he
would have done it.
> >I knew exactly where Bush stands
> >
> Kerry was a flip-flopper wildcard.  Bush is a sturdy known quantity.  I
> get it.  Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Exactly.
> Me, on the other hand, I regarded the pineapple up my @ss as unbearable
> and anything was worth the switch.
Would you have felt the same if the replacement were a grenade disguised as
a suppository?

> >And I am not a Bush supporter by the way.
> >
> We all make only practical choices.  I'm not a kerry supporter, so in
> the end, I voted for my father.   I learned long ago that they never
> listen to me anyway.

Will you acknowledge then that everyone who disagrees with you is not an
idiot? That there may be at least one single person out there who voted for
Bush for a reason that was valuable to them and their agenda and that every
single person who voted for Bush is not a "dumbf**k"?