[extropy-chat] can't war protesters do better?

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 06:00:59 UTC 2005

In reference to the term neoconservative/neocon,
"kevinfreels.com" <kevin at kevinfreels.com> wrote:

> It is simply a word used by people to describe
> anyone who disagrees with their more liberal point
of view.

This is totally bogus.  If you can't make a minimal
effort at writing from a factual basis, then you
should not participate in the discussion.  Google up
"neocons", "neoconservative", "Leo Strauss", "Project
for the New American Century", Likudniks, "A Clean
Break:
A New Strategy for Securing the Realm", and do some
reading.

> Not necessarily since many people choose to use the
> "neo-con" word to imply
> a person has dreams of religious rule.

You have already demonstrated that you have not sought
the facts behind neoconservatism.  Now you're making
broad assertions about the implied meanings--private
and thus obscure intended meanings-- of "many people"
regarding a term the meaning of which you are
demonstrably clueless about.

> ... Do you honestly believe that Bush is
> killing arabs for grins
> and giggles? ...

> ... Whther you like it or not,
> Bush is a human being who
> was born and raised in the US. The odds are
> overwhelming that he has a great
> deal of respect for life in general. Even id his
> decision was wrong, it
> doesn;t mean he liked the idea. ...

I do not believe Bush to be an overt sadist or
homicidal psychopath.  I do believe him to be a small
man of small character whose need "to BE sombody"-- to
prove himself--to strut about as "a war president" in
twisted vistas of self-absorbtion--to, in place of
judgement, trust his faith and his gut despite his
unbroken record of failure doing so--have made him the
mass killer that he has become, the worst president
the US has ever had, and the single most dangerous
human on the planet today.

> > And a penchant for war profiteering?

> War profiteering? Give me a break. Who's stocks went
> up as a result of the
> war?

No, you give US a break!  What flippin' reality are
you inhabiting?  It's springtime for Haliburton,
Bechtel, all the oil companies, all the defense
industries, and a raft of private "security" firms.
And those are only the ones I know about.

What's really going on here?  No one is willing to
choose loyalty to the truth and with it a chance at a
rational outcome.  All are captivated by the
baboon-like hooting of tribal loyalty.  Someday
perhaps,  psychologists and historians will clarify
the interwoven threads of human nature and temporal
circumstance that lead to this place.  Till then, lots
ofm screaming, lots of dying, very little listening,
very little thinking.  Congratulations on your
contribution, Kevin.

Best, Jeff Davis

   "Men occasionally stumble over the truth,
    but most pick themselves up and hurry off
    as if nothing had happened."
                    Winston Churchill