[extropy-chat] Fly Me 'Round the Moon

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 15:50:24 UTC 2005

And nose-plugs. This is literally a two week cruise of three men in a
bathtub. It would be enjoyable for one person. Three people in a Soyuz
for that long? Maybe for midgets or Spike's legless women.

I had seen the specs on this a few weeks ago. Personally, I'd say dump
the upper stage booster. Refit the Soyuz with larger solar panels (as
well as the logistics module) and a number of plasma thrusters. Instead
of the upper stage, send up a refitted Russian lunar lander (the one
sitting in the museum would be fine), and make it a real lunar mission
for one. The final kicker would be a tether, to attach to a Progress
tanker at the ISS, and use the Progress to tether the Soyuz into an
escape trajectory.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com