[extropy-chat] [Politics] Real Politick

Robert Lindauer robgobblin at aol.com
Tue Aug 16 09:33:07 UTC 2005

On Aug 15, 2005, at 8:58 PM, Giu1i0 Pri5c0 wrote:
> I want ONE WORLD where we work together at building the future of our
> species. Well of course this is naive at this moment: until we can
> cure sociopathy with a pill there will always be sociopaths around
> (everywhere, and speaking every language) to fuck up our efforts.

This is very perceptive.

Lorrey said it was the marxists that maniacally wish to maintain
balance by supporting -anyone- against the hegemony of western freedom
and democracy.

Of course, western "freedom"(you think you're free?  Go ask the Fed for
the same overnight lending rate on the same amount of money that it
offers BofA.) and democracy (you think this is a democracy, try getting
an independent recount or even consistent voter registration rules)
ain't all it's cracked up to be; and it creates many of the problems it
purports to solve.  Our energy-and-resources-light world doesn't
adequately sustain all us sentient beings because, after all, we are
not our brothers' keepers.  But if we won't keep our brothers, they'll
tend to themselves, usually at our expense.  "'cause if we stop and
look around us there is nothing that we need, in this world of
persecution that is burning in its greed..."

The truth of Marxism here, is that by creating an underclass, you
create a felt need for revolution and occasionally the people with the
guts and/or desperation to try it.  To avoid this trap, you have to try
to make everyone comfortable, and that means giving everyone enough
power to ensure their own comfort.  That level of power isn't easily
shared by those that have it in their tight little hands.  In fact,
from the point of view of the suffering poor, the status-quo power
structure is ruled by sociopaths.

Maintaining the status quo here means dooming us to further meaningless
wars as the overclass uses them to polarize the underclass into us-es
and them-s along the meaningless lines of race and creed.  In the
meantime core human problems, like living longer and better for the
majority of people, are left unacknowledged by all but the dwindling
numbers of the kindest charities.  The haves say "what problem" while
the silent voices of the have-nots fade away until their children start
blowing up starbucks'.

Sociopaths are not needed to "fuck things up", things are fucked up.
World-historical Sociopaths are, in a sense, the proof of the pudding.

Robbie Lindauer