[extropy-chat] [Politics] Real Politick

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 16:05:43 UTC 2005

--- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> > bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Robert Lindauer
> > Of course, western "freedom"(you think you're free?  Go ask the Fed
> for
> > the same overnight lending rate on the same amount of money that it
> > offers BofA.)...
>
> The Fed takes a lot higher risk on you and me than on BofA.  What
> has that to do with freedom?
>
> >... and democracy (you think this is a democracy, try getting
> > an independent recount...
>
> We get those.  See Washington state governor's race 2004.
>
> > or even consistent voter registration rules)...
> > Robbie Lindauer...
>
> Those are controlled at the state and local levels.  They
> will naturally be inconsistent.

And, I should add, every attempt at creating voter registration and
voting rules that actually ensures that everyone who gets a ballot
actually is a citizen of the US and a resident of the district of the
polling station and not a felon is consistently fought against by
Robbies beloved Democrats.

I was involved in several recounts in 2004. There was no ballot
counting fraud. The real voting fraud in this country isn't in voting
machine software, it is millions of people getting ballots who
shouldn't.

As an example, most polling places may demand sufficient ID to register
on election day, but they don't check to see if you are you when you go
to ask for a ballot with the list supervisors. They ask for a name, you
give it to them, and they check to see that it is on the list. They
don't check to make sure that you actually are the person whose name
you are claiming a ballot for. This sort of fraud is virtually
impossible to fix under the current rules, even HAVA forbids checking
ID when asking for a ballot.

Thus, one thing the Democrats do with their 'get out the vote' phone
campaigns is they find out who isn't planning on voting but is
registered. They then send in people to the polls on election day
claiming to be those people, and vote for them.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com
Personal/political blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com