[extropy-chat] Real estate as an extropian investment

Acy James Stapp astapp at amazeent.com
Tue Aug 16 19:47:03 UTC 2005

I'd like to offer my opinion on real estate. Assuming a
post-scarcity economy, real property becomes one of the
only finite resources, and will become highly desired as
an extravagent luxury good.

If fusion does not become rapidly affordable the insolation
of a particular parcel of land becomes a valuable resource
for solar power; if you want to bet against fusion buying
land in the American west, Australian outback, or other sunny
desert areas could be quite profitable. And if fusion does
become affordable, you can farm it with desalinated water.

Acy