[extropy-chat] [Politics] Real Politick

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 13:37:59 UTC 2005

--- Robert Lindauer <robgobblin at aol.com> wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2005, at 6:05 AM, Mike Lorrey wrote:
>
> > every attempt at creating voter registration and
> > voting rules that actually ensures that everyone who gets a ballot
> > actually is a citizen of the US and a resident of the district of
> the
> > polling station and not a felon is consistently fought against by
> > Robbies beloved Democrats.
>
> This is two lies in one.  First, robbie doesn't love the democrats
> and  second, the generalization is false.

Actually, under HAVA, you CAN'T ask for an ID when a person asks for a
ballot. You can only demand ID at the voter registration table.

I actually have experience in elections, Robbie. I have actually read
the laws.

> > I was involved in several recounts in 2004.
>
> Which ones, where?

State legislature, state senate, and presidential, in New Hampshire.

> >  There was no ballot
> > counting fraud.
>
> In which ones?

In all of the ones I participated in. Even the Nader people admitted
there was nothing amiss.

> > They ask for a name, you
> > give it to them, and they check to see that it is on the list. They
> > don't check to make sure that you actually are the person whose
> name
> > you are claiming a ballot for.
>
> Um, in California, they ask for an identification.   Where are you
> thinking of?

They are supposed to ask for ID WHEN YOU REGISTER. HAVA says no ID
checks when people ask for ballots.

> > They then send in people to the polls on election day
> > claiming to be those people, and vote for them.
>
> So there -was- voting fraud?  I mean, make up your mind.

As usual, your reading comprehension SUCKS. I said there was no VOTE
COUNTING FRAUD. Completely different from voter fraud. Pull your head
out and read next time.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com