[extropy-chat] The Shared Futuristic World of Orion's Arm

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Thu Aug 18 19:19:08 UTC 2005

This is really wonderful. I think that people being able to imagine
themselves in a 'prequel' space to really far-out science fiction
helps them metabolize and then realize actual improvement in science.
It's a bridge to the future that can entice as well as educate. It
makes me think of Alpha Centauri in some ways, excepting the RTS
versus RPG paradigm.

I hope they are sticking with some nice manual mechanics to get those
ships moving. There are several good ways to bring that into gameplay
both in UI and fun factor that no one has tried to tap. Easier on
paper, to be sure, but people don't  want to take risks in games
these days.

I look forward to their progress.

]3ret