[extropy-chat] [Politics] unReal Politick

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 19 02:43:17 UTC 2005

I personally cannot see anything wrong with what you are saying however it's also what you leave out-- not merely what you are saying. You have a profound mistrust of those in government, and that is almost certainly what the founders wanted. But what of those who are in the armed services & in law enforcement? Are they any more trustworthy because they wear uniforms and take oaths? Servicemen are brave, most want to defend the constitution, yet they have ulterior motives. The police; court systems; prison systems; the whole injust 'Justice' system; are rackets, they are not to 'defend the constitution', they are businesses... generally poorly run businesses at that. I mostly accept it, I'm too old to want to be a rabble rouser, the situation wont change much in our lifetimes though perhaps some of you are convinced you will in fact actually live very long lifespans. Maybe you will, unfortunately you might find yourself living in a dystopia.
Mike, you are asking us to mistrust those in government yet suspend our disbelief in those who wear uniforms. I wont do it. I don't trust anyone & advise you to do the same. Everyone has a mixture of positive & negative intentions, this is the starting point, it is the foundation of my soul-- or lack thereof.

>Optimally, I favor demonopolizing the DoD and selling it off to the
>insurance industry, along with FEMA, the FAA, and the DOT, while
>devolving all Reserve and National Guard units to their respective
>state governments, who can all decide what they want to do with their
>own toys. That will happen right after we sell off the national forests
>and parks, kick everyone off welfare, privatize social security,
>medicaid, and medicare, spin off NASA into a corporation and schedule
>an IPO ten years hence, along with a lot of other fun stuff.
>
>If I can't have my way, we'll have to muddle along and stick to Plan B.
>Don't like it? Too friggin bad, YOU are one of those who refuse to get
>politically involved, remember?

Thankfully it's adequate for me to just ensure that people like you
never get your way.

>>You know, there IS another way to retain our status, e.g. producing
>>great goods and services and having a great society. Military
>>deterrence, once achieved, is irrelevant.
>>

>Military deterrence is everything in the world, and the fact that you
>don't get it illustrates why your arguments carry no water.

Learn to read, but first stop embarassing the Libertarian party with
your continued idiotic grandstanding.

Robbie Lindauer
thetip.org

http://mail.yahoo.com