[extropy-chat] Re: The Shared Futuristic World of Orion's Arm

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Fri Aug 19 06:52:20 UTC 2005

me:
>  >  From Boing-Boing, we have what looks like a creative group
>>  effort to imaginatively build the world we want.

James Hughes:

>Anders Sandberg was central to Orion's Arm at the beginning, and Mike
>LaTorra contributed a lot of H+ content:
>
>http://www.orionsarm.com/intro/oa_transhumanism_faqs.html#Transhumanism

Anders is here with a couple of stories and artwork, and also listed
in the inspiration part too (yay!)

http://www.orionsarm.com/stories/Angel_of_Doubt.html
http://www.orionsarm.com/stories/The_Passenger.html
http://www.orionsarm.com/gallery/Imhotep.html
http://www.orionsarm.com/gallery/emergence.html

Most of that gorgeous artwork is done by Juan Ochoa.

I'm very impressed, and completely delighted about this discovery.
I'm not a gamer, but something like this could almost convince me
to try. Here are people building what they want, putting their
ideas and inspirations into the mix. Even topics like politics
and religion are handled in a nonaggressive and nonconfrontive
way. I love it.

Take a look here:
Daily Life in the 11th Millenium
http://www.orionsarm.com/daily_life/index.html

About the authors (you will recognize others you know here too)
http://www.orionsarm.com/authors.html#JO

And who inspired them
http://www.orionsarm.com/acknowledgements.html

I strongly encourage people here to take a look.

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/