[extropy-chat] Re: Wow! The world of worms

mail at harveynewstrom.com mail at harveynewstrom.com
Fri Aug 19 15:45:43 UTC 2005

Amara Graps writes:
> Another news note regarding worms is this: Worm Wars!

It's like Deja Vu all over again.

Does anybody remember my talk at Extro-5 in 2001 on "The Battle for Your
Online Identity"?  I described spyware programs which took over people's
home PC's and battled each other for control of that turf.  I predicted that
this would get worse in the future.

This stuff has been going on for a long time between different hacker
factions.  It is just that most people don't have any real view into
cyberspace to see what is really going on behind the screen.

 --
Harvey Newstrom <www.HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI NSA-IAM GSEC ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP